Important implications about discounts
Please review the following notes before enabling discounts for your store
- A new discount code will be dynamically created on your Shopify Admin (section discounts) for each bundle added to the cart.
- The discounted amount won't be displayed on the shopping cart page (this is a Shopify limitation). To overcome that, you may prefer to directly redirect to the checkout page (Skip Cart option). You can configure the app that way in the Advanced preferences.
- Shopify does not allow to apply multiple discounts for a single order so, if you use other discount apps, their functionality may clash with ours (if the other app applies a discount after our discount, it will overwrite our discount).
- While we do our best to invalidate discounts when their criteria is not matched, the Shopify Discount System do not enforce discount limits so a discount could still be applied to orders not matching the discount criteria. This is unlikely but can happen if the cart contents are modified by some theme code or a third-party app.
The only criteria that Shopify enforces for all discounts is the minimum order value, so please ensure you configure a proper value for it.
For percentage, fixed amount and cheapest item for free discounts, the number of items in the order is also enforced by Shopify.
- If you disable discounts, please note that all previous discount codes may still be valid. You can invalidate them at once as explained in the Shopify Tutorial.
In order to minimise these limitations of the Shopify Discount system, we strongly recommend enabling the Skip Cart option in our app preferences (you will find this option in the 'Advanced preferences' section):
That way, the customer will be redirected directly to the checkout, will see the discount applied and there will be little opportunity for cart content modification.
Additionally, please configure a proper value for the following 'minimum bundle price' setting in the ' Discounts' section:
This is the only constraint enforced by Shopify so you can be sure that no order cheaper than the configured amount will get a discount.